Donor Advised Funds
Donor Advised Funds are the fastest growing donation vehicle, and for good reason: They’re tax-smart, easy to set up and accept a variety of asset types. It’s effective giving that empowers you to strengthen the region you love.
Individuals and families can establish a DAF. DAFs are great for donors who wish to be active participants in the selection of grantee recipients and want a less expensive, more convenient way to give. It can also be an alternative to a private foundation. With a DAF, there is no organization to run and IECF handles IRS reporting and tracking of tax receipts. IECF takes care of all the administration of the fund, leaving you, your loved ones or family the time to focus on your philanthropy.
- A low-cost, flexible giving vehicle that is easy to establish
- Create a legacy for you, your spouse/partner, or family
- Make grant recommendations
- Name the fund after yourself or in honor of a loved one
- Involve family and friends as advisors in your philanthropy
- Receive regular updates on your fund’s growth through our online donor portal
- Grow your fund with new gifts at any time
- Give a testamentary gift from your will or trust for even greater impact
- Endow your DAF to create a permanent fund where the principle will grow and your giving will continue
Donor Advised Fund or Private Foundation?
There are many advantages to carrying out your philanthropy through a donor advised fund with us. Some private foundations utilize a donor advised fund to facilitate their grantmaking. We also offer a wide range of customized administrative and grantmaking services for private and family foundations.