San Bernardino County Nonprofit Assistance Fund
The San Bernardino County Nonprofit Assistance Fund is a partnership between San Bernardino County and Inland Empire Community Foundation to help nonprofits survive the impacts of COVID-19 on their operations. The fund was developed after the San Bernardino County Board of Supervisors approved $5 million in financial support to the nonprofit community using CARES Act funding.
Under the new program, grants will be awarded to nonprofits that demonstrate reimbursable COVID-19 expenses that were incurred in response to the pandemic or to mitigate the effects of COVID on their operations.
Nonprofit organizations in San Bernardino County that have experienced a loss of revenue and increased expenses during COVID-19 are encouraged to apply.
IECF, which is managing the grant program, will oversee the application and review process, in collaboration with the IE Funders Alliance. Grant awards will be dispersed directly by San Bernardino County to IECF-approved nonprofits.
Thank you to the San Bernardino County Board of Supervisors for assisting our nonprofit community that are on the frontlines of this pandemic.
Grants range from $2,500 – $20,000
Opening Date: October 20, 2020
Closing Date: November 16, 2020
- Nonprofit, public benefit organizations with evidence of tax-exempt status under Section 501(c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code and not classified as a private foundation.
- 501(c) (6) organizations such as Business leagues, Chambers of Commerce, Real estate boards, or Boards of trade are also eligible to apply
- Nonprofits must be headquartered or have an office in San Bernardino County
- Nonprofits that have less than 50 employees
- Nonprofits with budgets of $1,000,000 or less
- Nonprofits must be able to document expenditures that are eligible under the CARES Act including costs that are used to assist in responding to the Pandemic or to mitigate the effects of the Pandemic on the nonprofit organization. These may include but are not limited to:
- Changed Programming
- Decreased Client Load
- Expansion of Programs
- Inability to Deliver Programs
- Increased Client Load
- Loss of Volunteers
- Costs for COVID Compliance
- Payroll Limitations
- Reduction of Program
- Revenue Loss
- Salary Cuts
- Temporary Closure
Need more info? Download the Portal Guide
For help with applying, three technical assistance sessions will be offered on the following dates:
October 27, 2020 4:00pm
November 4, 2020 4:00pm
November 10, 2020 4:00pm
REGISTER VIA ZOOM
Organizations are encouraged to contact IECF staff at any time should they have questions about their application. Because IECF offices are currently closed, the best way to reach staff with general questions and inquiries about the Fund is through email@example.com.