CIELO Fund Grant Opportunity
IECF is pleased to announce a request for proposals for the CIELO Fund’s first-ever grants! Launched in 2022 at IECF, the Cultivating Inland Empire Latino Opportunity Fund, also known as the CIELO Fund, is dedicated to uplifting and investing in the Inland Empire’s Latino community. The CIELO Fund intends to support nonprofit organizations and initiatives that are led by – and serve – Latinos in Riverside and San Bernardino counties.
Latinos are now the majority of the Inland Empire, making up 51.5% of the population. With this growth comes increased opportunity but also areas where disparities persist.
The CIELO Fund commissioned a new report called Aqui Estamos: A Data Profile of Latinos in the Inland Empire with UC Riverside to identify where funding might carry the greatest impact. Using the findings from this report, the Fund has decided to focus on the following issue areas for its inaugural grantmaking round: economic mobility, educational equity, civic engagement, health equity, and immigrant services. In addition, the Fund’s leadership heard loud and clear that organizations would benefit greatly from general operating support so our grantmaking is designed to meet that need.
Nonprofit organizations in Riverside and San Bernardino Counties that are currently engaged in this work are encouraged to apply.
Applications will be screened for eligibility and completeness by IECF staff. The CIELO Fund Leadership and Grantmaking Committee will evaluate eligible applications and make grant recommendations to the IECF Board of Directors for final approval.
Grants range up to $15,000
Opening Date: November 1, 2022
Closing Date: December 5, 2022
- Nonprofit, public benefit organizations with evidence of tax-exempt status under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and not classified as a private foundation.
- Organizations with fiscal sponsors are also eligible to apply.
- Organizations that operate so that they do not discriminate in the hiring of staff or in providing services on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin or disability.
- The CIELO Fund will not fund or sponsor events or businesses.
- Support nonprofits providing quality, essential services in the areas of economic mobility, educational equity, civic engagement, health equity, and immigrant services for the Latino community in the Inland Empire.
- Provide flexible, unrestricted support to carefully selected nonprofits that demonstrate the interest and ability to strengthen their organizational effectiveness and capacity.
- Support organizations of all budget sizes, levels of capacity, and infrastructure.
- Seek local, regional, and state policy solutions;
- Address a high need impacting Latinos;
- Benefit a large number of disadvantaged, vulnerable, marginalized, and/or underserved people
Need help with applying? Sign up for The CIELO Fund Grant Technical Workshop on November 16, 2022 at 5PM.
Organizations will be notified of funding decisions by January 20, 2023.
For more information, contact Celia Cudiamat, SVP of Grants and Community Impact at firstname.lastname@example.org. To reach staff with general questions and inquiries about the Fund, email us at CIELO@iegives.org.