Eleven Coachella Valley nonprofits received a combined total of over $150,000 in 2021 year-end grants through IECF! As always, these grants are made possible because of the philanthropic spirit of our generous donors, who seek to improve the lives of the most vulnerable members of our community.
Four funds awarded the grants. They are:
The Margot Fund: $60,000
150 Circle of Giving Fund: $49,900
Todd Barajas Legacy Fund: $40,000
Butch Hill Donor Advised Fund: $1,500
Our donors have wide-ranging charitable interests, and their generosity benefited
a variety of organizations – from women’s programming to animal welfare:
The Margot Fund, established in 2021 to support women’s programs and more in the Coachella Valley, gave:
- $20,000 to The Center for their food bank;
- $20,000 to the Cathedral City Senior Center for women’s programming; and
- $20,000 to the Ophelia Project to support scholarships for young women.
The 150 Circle of Giving Fund, established in 2019 for broad and general charitable purposes, awarded grants for general support to:
- $20,000 – Alianza Coachella Valley;
- $20,000 – Animal Samaritans; and
- $3,300 each to three organizations, including:
The Todd Barajas Legacy Fund was established in 2016 for broad and general charitable uses and purposes. Grants for general support were awarded to:
- $10,000 – Loving All Animals;
- $10,000 – Well in the Desert;
- $5,000 – Alianza Coachella Valley; and
- $15,000 – Animal Samaritans for their Capital Campaign, which will fund a Dog Recovery Park, Dog Get Well Soon Park, and Canine Training and Agility Arena.
The Butch Hill Donor Advised Fund, Established in 2001 to further independent living by mentally disabled adults, awarded a $1500 grant to Desert Arc for general support.
At IECF, we’re working to build a culture of philanthropy. It’s our privilege to link arms with amazing donors as they help us build bridges to reach the disadvantaged of our communities. We invite you to join us! To learn more about establishing a fund to benefit a cause you hold dear, please contact Brie Griset Smith, Senior Vice President, Charitable Giving at email@example.com, or 951-244-7777. In the Coachella Valley, please contact Joe Staley, Charitable Giving Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 951-244-7777.